Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Intro......

Recently, my world has come down to just three sure things:
1.I love being a mom.
2.I'm committed to making a career for myself as a medic (and not a firefighter).
3.And I'm never going to stop writing.

So, since I've created this space with lofty goals, I'm going to use it. The following will be a simple tour of my life as a new medic working 911s for a private company in a medium sized urban setting; trying to go to work and do my job, come home and do my job and not get dragged down by toxic people.

A small note here before we begin. Rereading my words, 'not a firefighter' sounds rude, as if there is something wrong with firefighters, let me assure you, I have as much respect for our fds as a wide eyed first grader on a field trip. BUT, and since I'm married to a firefighter, I feel that I'm a good non-biased judge of this, I don't believe that fire run ems systems are the best way to manage a community's needs. Not only because I would never want to be inside a burning building, but because I would never as my lawyer to wire my electrical what-nots in my house. Two highly skilled BUT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT jobs. Imagine all the potential firefighters, or potential medics that are turned off from the job totally because of the dual fire extinguishing and iv starting requirements. Like me. A medic. Interested in the benefits, respect and schedule offered by fire departments. Terrified of fire. I hope you enjoy my antics and rantings, and as always, feel free to comment, or to tell me when I'm out of line. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment